We've been back in America 8 months and adjusting fairly well. We moved to Manhattan Beach in October 2008 and are loving it so far. We're walking distance to the downtown and the beach. It's nice to not have to rely on our cars for everything. I am walking on the strand almost every day. This winter we have had gorgeous weather. We miss London life a lot but things aren't so bad in Socal!
I'm 9 months pregnant with 10 days until D day. It has been an amazing 9 months and Andy and I feel so fortunate to have been surprised so quickly. We are so excited to meet him. Every day we ask him if he's ready to come and meet us yet? We're getting a little impatient. :)
This pregnancy has been fairly easy. There was no sickness. I had soreness in my breasts the first trimester which was pretty painful. I was also very very tired in the first couple months. I would literally be walking around and in the middle of the day just have to stop and lay down. It was bizarre. It got better over time and eventually went away entirely.
We are looking at houses in the neighborhood, hoping to buy something in the next year or so. I think we are paying too much rent where we are and look forward to having a place of our own. It's quite a big commitment but I think we are ready to settle down finally. It's been fun moving around, SF, London, LA but I think some stability with the kid will be nice. I don't expect things to slow down at all though.... we're hoping to take the baby to London this summer! If not London then at least Palm Desert for a couple weeks. :)
The baby room is ready, except for a few small details. We don't have the crib yet, but he will be sleeping in the basinet in our room for a few months to begin. We saw a cute changing table in Tosh's daughters barn at her winery up in Paso Robles. We mentioned it to Andy's dad and he bought it, refinished it and it's upstairs looking very cute! It's all set up and full of diapers. We bought the basinet and breast pump from Mike & Michelle. The baby dresser is Andy's old dresser from his childhood. We received the carseat, diaper bag, snap n go stroller, bouncer seat and pack n play as shower gifts. Fortunately we have not had to buy many new things, our friends/family have been so generous! Still to buy are the crib, a swing, and a bob stroller for the beach. I will do a little shopping this week! The Haggerty's, Katz's and Malinowski's gave us so much clothing, the dresser is full and we have a lot in boxes.
I've been off work for 2 weeks and I am truly enjoying the break!!
No comments:
Post a Comment