Saturday, November 8, 2008

Coming to America

May 28th, 2008 we flew back to the United States to begin getting settled and has been taking months! We flew upper first class on Virgin Atlantic for the first time, which was sooooo nice! The flat beds are amazing for sleeping. The food, the bar, it was fantastic! The Virgin lounge in Heathrow is so amazing, you can get any service complimentary, massages, haircuts, manicures, pedicures, dinner, etc. Andy got a haircut!

1st wedding anniversary:
The first weekend back led up to our 1st wedding anniversary, and we escaped to Ann's place in Palm Desert for 5 days. It was 100 degrees every day, we lounged by the pool and visited with Andy's dad for a few day. Our anniversary was mellow, we went out to dinner at Armando's and then unknowingly conceived our first child :)

Ventura: We were living with Ann in Ventura which was great. I was still looking for a new job within Yahoo! and interviewing for a few positions. We planted a garden in Ann's back yard. I didn't start my new role until July 7th so we had a few weeks to settle and unpack boxes. We went to the gym, I swam a lot, all the while not knowing I was pregnant.

Work:
I took a job with the Partner Account Management team in Yahoo, working with publishers, managing the Tech Channel. All new goals and a totally new role. It was a lot of work ramping up but interesting and new. Change is good.

Del Mar: I went down to visit Stacy and Ethan for a weekend in San Diego. We had dinner with the Boltons and saw Darcy and family. Fun!

Finding out I was pregnant:
June 21st was the Hatta wedding in Ohio. A few days before going I realized I was very late for my period so I took a home test to be sure and rule in or out my drinking options. It was positive! I was so excited, and when I called Andy into our room to tell him I was nervous but in a good way. I couldn't believe it. It was such a surprise as we weren't trying and I honestly was hoping I would get pregnant later in the year, after all the weddings and travel were behind us. Andy said "who's the father?" and smiled.

Hatta Wedding:
What a blast, a fun fun wedding with a lot of friends and family. It was great to see some of the London crew, it was like a reunion.

Lake Arrowhead: The weekend before 4th of July we went up to lake Arrowhead with the Malinowskis for a weekend which was fun. It was my first time up there. The lake is small but very pretty. We boated around the lake, swam, watched fireworks and relaxed. Michelle was due with Tyler in a few weeks. It was a beautiful chill weekend!

Selina & Chris Wedding:
Aug 16th we went to Napa for a London friends wedding. It was beautiful. I was happy there were plenty of yummy non alcoholic drinks. (muslim wedding) The first night was a Mehndi celebration where everyone got mendhi tattoos. The bride went first and she looked beautiful! The wedding ceremony was in an apple orchard at a plumpjack winery. We rented a cottage a few miles away and shared it with the Hatta's. We stayed one night in San Francisco, had dinner with Amy, Andy, and Deb. We stayed at the Sir Francis Drake where ANdy's cousin Chris works in Sales. A quick and memorable trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment